The Technology Readiness Gross Receipts Initiative provides New Mexico businesses the opportunity to work directly with scientists and engineers at Los Alamos or Sandia national laboratories to advance technologies licensed from or developed in a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement with Los Alamos or Sandia national laboratories past the invention stage to market ready technology.
- Work may include prototyping, proof-of-concept, & technical validation among other approved activities.
- The assistance provided to the business must NOT be available in the private sector. All project work must be complete within 12 months from when work begins.
- Participating companies cannot have an active NMSBA project within the same calendar year.
Funding: New Mexico businesses may receive up to $150,000 worth of assistance (cost of labor/materials for national lab staff) per year. These projects must demonstrate a strong likelihood for successful maturation to a product or service in the commercial market.
Business Eligibility: Eligible businesses
- Are registered to do business in New Mexico;
- Have a bona-fide New Mexico place of business;
- Have a NM tax id (CRS) number;
- Have a certificate of good standing from the NM Secretary of State’s office;
- Have licensed a technology from Los Alamos or Sandia national laboratories or are participating in a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with Los Alamos or Sandia national laboratories.
Project Selection Process:
- New Mexico Businesses must submit A Statement of Intent
- The Laboratories will complete an Eligibility Interview
- Eligible companies will complete a Full Written Proposal and Prepare a Presentation
- Invited companies will Present to the TRGR Review Panel
- Funding Decisions will be announced post TRGR Review Panel presentation
For more information contact or submit your statement of intent to Julia Wise at Los Alamos National Laboratory (505-665-5827; firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sharon Evans at Sandia (505-845-9671; email@example.com)