The New Mexico Small Business Assistance (NMSBA) Program allows New Mexico small businesses facing a technical challenge to access the unique expertise and capabilities of Los Alamos and Sandia national laboratories. At no cost to the business, small businesses with a technical challenge can seek assistance from lab scientists or engineers for projects that require testing, design consultation and access to special equipment or facilities.
FAQ: Does your company qualify?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, you can qualify for researcher hours:
- Are you a for-profit business?
- Are you located in New Mexico?
- Is your company a small business? [US SBA guidelines]
- Is your company US owned and operated?
- Does your company pay/file gross receipts taxes to the State of New Mexico?
- $20,000 if located in a rural county
- $10,000 if located in Bernalillo County
Every day in October is Manufacturing Day. Stay tuned as the schedule of tours and other events materializes! READ MORE »
To successfully brew what some call “healthy beer,” HoneyMoon Brewery sought technical assistance from NMSBA, whose project managers connected the startup with David Fox of Los Alamos National Laboratory. READ MORE »
NM MEP helped bioLime address strategic concern for their market expansion that NM MEP team helped identify ways to manage regional supply chain. READ MORE »