The New Mexico Small Business Assistance (NMSBA) Program allows New Mexico small businesses facing a technical challenge to access the unique expertise and capabilities of Los Alamos and Sandia national laboratories. At no cost to the business, small businesses with a technical challenge can seek assistance from lab scientists or engineers for projects that require testing, design consultation and access to special equipment or facilities.
FAQ: Does your company qualify?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, you can qualify for researcher hours:
- Are you a for-profit business?
- Are you located in New Mexico?
- Is your company a small business? [US SBA guidelines]
- Is your company US owned and operated?
- Does your company pay/file gross receipts taxes to the State of New Mexico?
- $20,000 if located in a rural county
- $10,000 if located in Bernalillo County
I knew that the problem was something beyond my ability to solve and would be useful to everyone else who makes clay prints. The help I received—it’s something I could not have gotten anywhere else.
- Carrie Quade, President READ MORE »
Solving this problem would have taken me a year, but it only took three months with Sandia’s collaboration.
Now I can put my product back on the market.
- Tina Bagon, Owner READ MORE »
They are providing the engineering expertise so that I can move on my own with some more modern technology.
–Chantal Lau, Owner READ MORE »
This course provides small business owners and employees with an understanding of key concepts of renewable energy development for wind and solar resources. Course will be held April 19, April 26, May 3, 2014 at the UNM Anderson School of Management Albuquerque, NM READ MORE »