Solving small business challenges through laboratory expertise
The New Mexico Small Business Assistance (NMSBA) Program provides New Mexico small businesses facing technical challenges access to the unique expertise and capabilities of Los Alamos and Sandia national laboratories. At no cost to the business, small businesses can seek assistance from lab scientists and engineers to solve challenges and overcome barriers to company success.
Since 2000, the two national laboratories have provided $57.9 million in technical assistance to 2,797 businesses, enabling 7,853 jobs to be created and retained across the states's 33 counties.
The New Mexico Small Business Assistance Program provides technical assistance such as testing and evaluation of a product. The program does NOT provide financial assistance or investment to businesses.
If you are seeking financial assistance related to the COVID-19 crisis resources are available HERE or call 1-833-551-0518 to be connected to the State of NM resources.
Does your company qualify?
- Are you a for-profit business?
- Are you located in New Mexico?
- Is your company a small business? [US SBA guidelines]
- Is your company US owned and operated?
- Does your company pay/file gross receipts taxes to the State of New Mexico?
If you answered yes to all of these questions,
you can qualify for researcher hours:
- $40,000 if located in a rural county
- $20,000 if located in an urban county (Bernalillo & Santa Fe counties)