Solving small business challenges through laboratory expertise
The New Mexico Small Business Assistance (NMSBA) Program provides New Mexico small businesses facing technical challenges access to the unique expertise and capabilities of Los Alamos and Sandia national laboratories. At no cost to the business, small businesses can seek assistance from lab scientists and engineers to solve challenges and overcome barriers to company success.
Since 2000, the two national laboratories have provided $71.7 million in technical assistance to 3,135 businesses, enabling 9,710 jobs to be created and retained across the states's 33 counties.
Does your company qualify?
- Are you a for-profit business?
- Are you located in New Mexico?
- Is your company a small business? [US SBA guidelines]
- Is your company US owned and operated?
- Does your company pay/file gross receipts taxes to the State of New Mexico?
If you answered yes to all of these questions,
you can qualify for researcher hours:
- $40,000 if located in a rural county
- $20,000 if located in an urban county (Bernalillo & Santa Fe counties)
The New Mexico Small Business Assistance Program is now accepting applications for Leveraged Projects through February 16. Leveraged Projects allow multiple small businesses with a shared interest to team up and receive collective assistance from experts at Los Alamos or Sandia national laboratories. Leveraged projects are eligible for up to $120,000 of technical assistance to help the companies solve their shared challenge. Click to download the PDF below for more information.MORE »